A packet handler, as the name suggests, handles a packet with a specific header from the client to the server.
A source contains a large number of packet handlers as they are responsible for the role of the server of interacting with the game clients, each responding to a particular action of the player which triggered the packet to be sent by the game client.
Actions of a packet handler
A packet handler may
- alter the database
- send another packet back to the player
- send packets to other players
depending on the action of the player.
For example, if the packet is received when a player deletes his character, the packet handler may
- remove the entry of the character from the database
- send a packet back to the player to inform him that his character was deleted successfully
- send packets to the buddies of the character who are online to remove the deleted character from their buddy list //unsure
List of packet handlers
Note that some packet handlers are region exclusive, since there may be additional functions in more frequently updated regions.
Pin Operation Handler
Pin Registration Handler
Server List Handler
Server Status Handler
Character List Handler
Character Creation Name Check Handler
Character Creation Handler
Character Deletion Handler
Character Selection Handler
Cash Shop Server